Latest Version: 4.09n
All versions 4.07 or earlier should be upgraded to 4.09. There is no need to upgrade from 4.08 to 4.09 unless the new features introduced in 4.09 are desirable.
- Discovered incompatibility with FireFox version 3.0x or later and Internet Explorer 8 and all versions of the GR4 firmware. When using the web interface from FireFox 3.0x or Internet Explorer 8, Submit Changes can cause the web server on the GR4 to crash, thereby causing the router to reboot. This will be fixed in a future release. FireFox version 2.x or earlier, Internet Explorer 7.x or earlier and all versions of Safari do not have this problem.
- It is recommended that when changing to IP address to do it separately from other configurations changes. In other words, change the IP address and reboot. Do not change configuration information on other pages on the same flash write reboot cycle.
New in version 4.09n from 4.08
- The “i.Lon CS compatibility mode” has been renamed to “backwards compatibility” mode to match how the latest version of the i.Lon CS names it.
- Cleaned up the boot code so it boots a few seconds faster.
- Fixed a problem with the 709.1 phy chip that would cause it to not boot in rare cases due to component variability in the power supply and GRouter. This would prevent the main computer from reading the EEPROM on the PHY which stores the activation keys. The web page would display a warning that the unit was not activated. The problem had to do with improper brown out detection settings.
- Reset to factory defaults procedure has changed. It is now much easier and more reliable. Detailed instructions are in the 4.09 User Guide but a summary is provided here.
- Reset the router. It will take about 30 seconds for the router to load its firmware. Firmware load completed is indicated by the yellow light flashing off and back on and the green light going from solid to flashing. About 10 -15 seconds later the router will read the service button state to determine if a reset to defaults is indicated.
- Once the yellow light blinks off, hold down (for about 10 – 15 seconds ) either the Service App or Service Router button until the Tx Rx and Srv lights all come on solid. If after holding down the button for 20 seconds the Tx Rx and Srv lights don’t come on then try again from the start. These lights will stay on for 3 seconds then go off.
- After about another minute the router will go into reset. Another minute later it will boot up with all the IP and Web parameters set to factory defaults.